~IELTS Reading is all about how well you manage the 60 minutes given to you. Time yourself for each passage~
Preparing for IELTS Reading should include working on your time management skills as well. After all, it is as important to complete the test in time as much as it is to perform well. There are a few things you need to keep in mind. If you enroll yourself at an IELTS institutein Gurgaon, your expert IELTS coach will help you with timing yourself for each of the IELTS tests. There are quite a few blogs you can refer to on the subject as well that shall help you increase your IELTS Reading score but we have narrowed down on key time management tips to help you with your IELTS Reading.
- If you are looking at enrolling at an IELTS coaching in Gurgaoncentre, along with your expert coach prepare a list of top 10 things you need to work upon to improve your time management skills. Your coach post a short meeting with you shall help you with the analysis.
- Remember: Reading is a skill You must practice reading months before you take your IELTS tests. The more you read, the better your brain will be able to register words. Your sub conscious mind will know when to skip a few words/ sentences and when to pay extra attention.
- As part of the IELTS Reading test, you will be required to read 3 passages which together will have 40 questions for you to answer.
- Focus is the key to time management. It is only when you lose focus that you begin wasting time
- Underline any important information that catches your eye. This is all the more important when you see any numbers in the passage. This shall help you save time of avoiding going through the entire passage to find out answer to any questions that is pertaining any statistics / figures.
- The moment you begin with your test, check on the time in your watch and time yourself. Give yourself not more than 15 minutes for the first two passages and 20 minutes for the last passage. That shall leave you with 10 minutes of spare time which can be used for going through your answers at leisure and changing any if need be.
- And last but not the least, develop a habit of taking as many mock tests as you can and evaluate yourself on the following criterions – time taken to complete the test, neatness, cancellations and sentence structures.
Enrol into the best IELTS coaching institute in Gurgaontoday!
Get in touch with a trained coach to improve your IELTS score!
Read more posts on the Dezinecareers IELTS blog series.
Email us at Dezinecareers for more tips on smart techniques to top IELTS scores.
5 More Tips to Prepare for your IELTS Reading
IELTS Reading Tips: How to Manage your Time
Make it a point to read at least one newspaper a day and narrow down on a journal that you can go through over the weekend. This shall help you improve your reading speed.