~If a sequence is followed and a strategy developed to answer each of the question sets for each of the passages, you can well complete your IELTS Reading Test in 60 minutes~
Preparing for IELTS Reading should include working on your time management skills as well. After all, it is as important to complete the test in time as much as it is to perform well. But it is not as easy as it sounds.
Effective time management comprises of preparing a thorough plan of action with regards to the order of reading and approaching the questions of each of the passages in a pattern that help you maximize your score in minimum time. This has to be kept in mind. Your expert IELTS coach shall be able to help you on this if you enroll yourself at an IELTS institute in Gurgaon Increasing you IELTS reading score can help you increase your overall band score so why leave any stone unturned during the preparation stage?
- First, ensure you time yourself. Where the first two passages should not take more than 15 minutes of your time (for each), the third passage, which is the most difficult, can be given about 20-25 minutes. Make sure you have 10 minutes spare to run through your answers. In all, you have 60 minutes for your IELTS Reading Test.
- In the first passage, give headings to each paragraphs as you read them. This will help you with match the heading questions. This should be first on your list, if it is there as part of the questions.
- Next, quickly move to the fill in the blanks questions. This would be easy as you would have just read the passage and you can easily fill in the blanks without having to go again and again through the paragraphs. Next comes the match the author / company name followed by True and False. Multiple choice questions follows and then comes complete the sentence.
- If this sequence is followed, you can quickly get through the questions for Passage 1, Passage 2 and Passage 3.
- Take as many mock tests as possible and correct the test with all sincerity. What is wrong should be marked wrong. Do not cheat.
- Remember, reading test is a vocabulary test. Work on your synonyms. If you can spot the synonyms in the passage, you would be in a better position to answer the questions.
- If you are looking at enrolling at an IELTS coaching in Gurgaon centre, along with your expert coach prepare a list of top 10 things you need to work upon to improve your time management skills. Your coach post a short meeting with you, shall help you with the analysis.
into the best IELTS coaching institute in Gurgaon today!
Get in touch with a trained coach to improve your Ielts score !
Read more posts on the Dezinecareers IELTS blog series.
Email us at Dezinecareers for more tips on smart techniques to top IELTS Enrol scores
The Number 1 Way to Improve your IELTS Reading Score
IELTS Reading Time Management Tips & Tricks By Parvinder Rand Hawa
Develop a strategy that works best for you and this is possible only under the guidance of an expert coach or by giving yourself as many mock tests as possible.